An interesting concept with several possibilities.
Imagine creating a Pinterest profile for your Chamber of Commerce membership.
Step One: Create a profile that distinctly represents your specific community Chamber of Commerce. (IE: Armstrong / Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce).
Step Two: Add in boards for the appropriate and relevant industries of your membership (IE: Electricians, Wineries, Fashion… etc.)
Step Three: Pin the websites for each business to the appropriate board, effectively organizing your memberships web info in neat little boards relevant to their industries.
Step Four: Publicize it like CRAZY! Place a link on your Chamber website, include the info in all of your printed materials, urge members to take an active role in promoting it, include it on tourism related materials.
The benefits here include:
- 1. A bigger & better online presence for your Chamber as well as your membership.
- 2. It acts as an additional perk to sell potential membership on.
- 3. It’s natural built in organization creates a user friendly interface.
- 4. It is easy to publicize and include on existing materials.
- 5. It works well with Facebook, Twitter etc. and can be incorporated into existing Social Media strategies.
There are a number of things to take into consideration of course. For example: where boards would include multiple businesses in the same industry there would need to be a consistency to the sharing.
Nonetheless, there is potential behind this idea and we recommend exploring the concept.