Recently I was shuffling along, working on some way cool spread sheets – the kind that accountants can only dream about.
I saw my nice green icon
I thought to myself
“Well that’s not right”
I would not lose my Excel icon
Without a fight!
Long story short, if one of your Microsoft Office icons suddenly appears like the “Unknown Programs Icon”, here is the easiest way to restore it back to normal.
1. Open up the Start Menu.
2. Go to All Programs.
3. Find The Microsoft Office folder.
4. In the folder, go to the “Microsoft Office Tools folder”.
5. Click on “Microsoft Office Picture Manager”.
6. In the program that opens find and click on “Help”.
7. Click “Detect and Repair”.
8. Check off the box marked “Restore My Shortcuts While Repairing.”
9. Click “Start”.
Barring incident or act of God, that should repair any and all broken MS Office icons. Congratulations! now go and create!
Transition Marketing Services. Our passion is educating and equipping small business owners with the tools and strategies to succeed. We have made it our priority to know Specialized Marketing. We keep up to date on what is new, what is available and what makes the most sense for businesses of all sizes and backgrounds. We recognize that every Small Business is unique, and their Marketing needs to be as well. Visit us at our website and let us know how were doing or if you have any questions.