Trust in business is absolutely crucial, no more so than for small business, where losing just a handful of customers can put you into ruin. To build a reputation of trust, you must be consistent in all aspects.
Consumers need to know what to CONSISTENTLY expect from you and your brand. They need to know that they can trust you and your brand to deliver properly and EVERY TIME. It is almost always the seemingly small inconsistencies that plague the small business owner, ask yourself:
- Are you faithful in the little things?
- Do you have a reputation for treating all customers equally well, regardless of purchase?
- Is your service always good or is it hit and miss?
- Do they wait until a specific employee is there or does your entire team consistently service them?
- Can they expect better prices consistently on specific items or is it a waste to even check your store?
The main question to ask yourself is can they trust their hard-earned dollars to your expertise?
Or are they simply wasting their time?
Build customer trust through consistency and you will build an effective brand. Be consistent. Be honest. Treat customers with respect and always do the right thing.